Sunday, February 21

A mom in her Converse shoes....


Today was one of those beautiful sunny and warm days in Shanghai. Magnus left for the US early in the morning and I decided to head to Puxi for a sweet brunch and some play in town with Max & Emmy.

When we got to our favorite Taikang Lu restaurant, a kind, older man sat next to us and chatted up a storm with Max & Emmy right away. He was an artist and could tell Max was a very creative young man with an explosive mind, which took me by suprise. He said only seconds after meeting us "let that boy talk and be as wild as he is, too many people are hushed in life and don't let him be one of them". I was honestly touched by his comment because it felt so real and it put a million thoughts about Max in instant perspective.  How could a stranger figure out my son in seconds....? Since I don't believe much in coninsidences any more and think things happen for a reasons I kindly replied back "Thank you, that meant a lot to me".

And as he was ready to leave us, he turned around and said to Max and Emmy "Hey - look, your mom's wearing Converse - you'll turn out OK!" and off he went.... I loved that quirky and off the wall comment and sat there for a minute looking after him wondering who he was. I turned to Max who had the biggest & brightest smile on his face as he said:

 "Mom, I really liked that guy!"

What a sweet day.

Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: