Monday, May 3

Beautiful Sweden!

What a gorgrous day!  I've enjoyed a very sunny downtown Stocholm walk with my family today, a perfect lunch with "skagen rora", "gubbrora" and "norrlandsrora" paired with a cold beer - and by then,  I already knew this would be a perfect day. 

Later in the afternoon, I flew to Gotland, and after checking into the hotel, I parked myself on a bench in front of the massiv blue ocean and just closed my eyes, took a very deep breath to smell the amazing fresh, salt water air surrounding me - and knew this was home. This is such a beatiful place on earth.  Later in the evening I had the most delicious dinner at "Bolaget" - French onion soup and beef Bourguignon with a glass of Bordeaux.  In the background played the tunes of the french president's first lady Carla Brunis sweet voice from her 2002 album "Quelqu'un m'a dit".   All while I poured over, with great suprise, a new wedding magazine in Sweden called "HerrgardsBrollop" - first time I'm witnessing a wedding magazine with style, excellent pictures, less ads, great articles - finally, someone got it! 

Finally, I'm watching the Unicef gala and will spend 100 SEK/month for one year to become a world parent to support the very hard hit Haiti children.  I urge everyone reading this blog to also help out in this part of the world.  We have so much, they have so little.

Well, I couldn't spell a more perfect day that this.

Lovisa

1 comment:

Johanna på UNICEF said...

Welcome as a world parent! :-)